When I was young I looked at the world in many different ways that people didn’t understand. I fought back and didn’t go with the system. Growing up in Detroit was not as glorious as you might think-wink wink. Then I joined the Marine Corp at the age of 17. No more fighting out loud occurred. This is when the internal battles would come out. This piece reflects the ever change in the ways we as humans are changed. How sometimes the different levels feel like they are just going to pop out at you and scream. We find this pain inside of us that just wants to outburst but in that same breathe we are able to take it to a cool and calming place. This might be because the color of red shows anger. But it also shows energy, passion, and action.
I chose these colors carefully when this was made due to the fact I wanted to emboss myself into the image through color. These are the reasons that red and green are the major colors.
1. Having a personality color red identifies you as extroverted and optimistic, courageous and confident. You are action oriented and physically active – sex is a necessity to you – you have strong survival instincts. With the color red, you like to be the center of attention – in fact all reds crave attention – other people are drawn to the vitality and sense of excitement you emit.
2. With a personality color green you are a practical, down-to-earth person with a love of nature. You are stable and well balanced or are striving for balance – in seeking this balance, you can at times become unsettled and anxious. Having a personality color green means you are kind, generous and compassionate – good to have around during a crisis as you remain calm and take control of the situation until it is resolved.
One of the other colors that are in this is actually my favorite color blue. As you see this is only portrayed in a very small portion due to the fact that the favorite/best parts about us are often not celebrated. We create this negative self-image in today’s society. Instead of striving to be a better person internally we fight the surface.
- What effect does this take on your awareness?
- What do the colors represent to you?
- What do you dislike about this explanation or image?